This the document I wrote on this subject a couple of years ago.

A customer would like to write a Lotus Script agent that creates a file in
the IFS (Integrated File System) in ASCII format.  When the domino server
creates  the file it is created in EBCDIC format.  This is working as
designed. The file is created in the native code page of the operating
system.

Solution:

If you require the file be in ASCII format one solution would be to use
product 5799-AAS which allows you to convert a file from EBCDIC to ASCII
in a C program
This is a sample make file.

# Example Makefile     #
##################################

# This makefile shows one method of implementing ASCII C/C++ Run
# Time for the AS/400 along with a build process that doesn't implement
# ASCII C/C++ Run Time for the AS/400 in order to contrast the
differences.

##################################
# Assumptions                                         #
##################################

#Drive Z: is mounted to the AS/400 where QADRT is installed
#Directory C:\cttasw\include contains standard include files on a local PC

##################################
# Macros                                                 #
##################################

SRC = example.c

A_INCLUDE =
Z:\QIBM\ProdData\qadrt\include;C:\cttasw\include;C:\cttasw\include\acl;Z:\QIBM\include

E_INCLUDE = C:\cttasw\include;C\:cttasw\include\acl;Z:\QIBM\include

.SUFFIXES :     .c .eo .ao .ex .ax

.c.eo:
                 -$(ASCONN)
                 iccas /I$(E_INCLUDE) /AScp37 $(SRC)
                 -$(ASDIS)

.eo.ex:
                 -$(ASCONN)
                 ctthcmd /ASnQADTEST CHGCURLIB curlib(TEST)
                 ctthcmd /ASnQADTEST CRTPGM PGM(QGPL/EXAMPLE)
MODULE(EXAMPLE)

.c.ao:
                 -$(ASCONN)
                 iccas /I$(A_INCLUDE) /qifs=32 /ASwcharucs2+ /AScp819
$(SRC)
                 -$(ASDIS)

.ao.ax:
                 -$(ASCONN)
                 ctthcmd /ASnQADTEST CHGCURLIB curlib(TEST)
                 ctthcmd /ASnQADTEST CRTPGM PGM(QGPL/EXAMPLE)
MODULE(EXAMPLE)
                  BNDSRVPGM(QADRT/QADRTNTS) ENTMOD(QADRT/QADRTMAIN)

LIBASCII
5799AAS

Walter Scanlan
Advisory Software Engineer