I suppose that would work, but that sounds more like a Microsoft solution
;)

I think I am going to try serving up and standard NSF file from the iSeries
to see if Domino in general doesn't like NFS, or if it is just the HTTP
server portion of Domino on the iSeries.

Scott

                    "Dave Guerrero"
                    <dguerrero@compure       To:     domino400@midrange.com
                    s.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: NFS and HTTP
Server
                    domino400-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    11/30/2001 07:07
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    domino400

I have been working with the IBM Advanced Technology Center on this very
issue.  I had a requirement to serve images up from a UNIX box to a Domino
on I-Series.  Everything would be fine from a WRKLNK perspective, but
Domino just wouldn't see it.  We checked authorities, the CCSID and still
no luck.  Finally, the workaround that they came up with was to utilize the
I-Series HTTP server in conjunction with the Domino server to show the
images.  It seems that the images were visible to the I-Series HTTP server
and not Domino.  You should be able to keep the page in Domino and just
refer to the images on the I-Series server.  Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Dave Guerrero
Team Leader e-Business Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
1375 W. Main Avenue
De Pere, WI 54115
Phone:  920-336-1387 Ext. 264
Cell:  920-360-7225
Fax:  920-336-7728

                    Scott.Jordan@crsys
                    .com                     To:     domino400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    domino400-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: NFS and HTTP
Server
                    drange.com

                    11/29/01 10:46 PM
                    Please respond to
                    domino400

Before the NFS mount, the redirect is:
URL --> Directory for [ip address] (/username --> /home/username/www)

I then do the NFS mount from the /400 over /home/username to /home/username
on the Solaris box.  When I do a WRKLNK over /home/username/www everything
looks just like it should, but domino can't see it.

So, when the Domino tries to serve the files from /home/username/www
without a mount to the Solaris box, everything works fine.  But, when I do
the NFS mount, the directory structure looks fine using WRKLNK, but Domino
can't see it.

Scott

                    "Fritz Hayes"
                    <fhayes@spiritone.       To:     domino400@midrange.com
                    com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: NFS and HTTP
Server
                    domino400-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    11/29/2001 09:36
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    domino400

What is the redirect statement?  Since you are changing from a network
directory to a local, mounted directory, wouldn't you need something
like /QNSF in the redirect statement?

Best Regards

Fritz Hayes