Robert,
After you install the browser plug-in described below, try searching the
V5R4 site for 'RPG'. I think you will be impressed.
eric

Go to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp

Click on --> Information Center FAQ

Q: How do I add the capability to search the IBM Systems Software
Information Center from my browser's search toolbar?
A: For instructions on how to install and use the IBM Systems Software
Information Center search plugin for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and
Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7, see Installing and using the IBM Systems Software
Information Center search plug-in.

Q: How do I search just one manual?
A: Use the search function in Adobe Reader to search a single manual.
Download the free Adobe Reader from the Adobe home page, if you do not
have it installed.
Open the PDF version of the manual.

Installing and using the IBM eServer iSeries Information Center search
plug-in
If you use Microsoft(R) Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7,
you can create shortcuts in your browser that allow you to search the
IBM eServer iSeries Information Center from your browser's search bar.
Installing the search plug-in
To install the search plug-in for Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet
Explorer 7, click one of the following links. You must be running the
correponding browser for the link to work.
* Install the search plug-in for Mozilla Firefox.
* Install the search plug-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.
Using the search plug-in in Mozilla Firefox
Complete the following steps to use the search plug-in for Mozilla
Firefox:
1. After you install the search plug-in, look for the search field
on the navigation toolbar. The search field should look similar to the
following image, although the icon in the search field might be
different:

If you do not see the search field on any of the toolbars, click View >
Toolbars > Customize. In the Customize Toolbar window, find the item
labeled Search. Drag this item onto any toolbar in your browser.
2. Click the icon that appears in the Search field to display a
menu with a list of search choices. Select IBM iSeries IC V5r4 from the
menu.
3. To search the IBM eServer iSeries Information Center, type
search text in the search field and press Enter. The results of the
search are displayed in your browser.
Using the search plug-in in Internet Explorer 7
Complete the following steps to use the search plug-in for Internet
Explorer 7:
1. After you install the search plug-in, look for the Toolbar
Search box located to the right of the address bar. The Toolbar Search
box should look similar to the following image:

2. Click the down-arrow next to the magnifying glass icon to
display a menu with a list of search choices. Select iSeries IC V5R4