Here is a tip,

The most productive way to use the editor is to use line-based selection
(most frequent in languages such as RPG and DDS)
Alt-U unselect everything
Alt-L - First time selects a single line and makes it the anchor if you
want to select a range of lines - Second time selects the range of lines
from the line that you set as anchor with the first Alt-L
Alt-C - copy the selected lines to after the cursor
Alt-M - move the lines to after the cursor

These commands will work across documents as well.

Edmund Reinhardt,  AS/400 AD Tools,   reinhard@xxxxxxxxxx
Dept 607,   IBM Canada Lab  TL 969-4392  Phone 905-413-4392

             "John Larimer"
             <jklarimer@hotmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "'CODE/400 Discussion &amp;
             code400-l-bounces         Support'" <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +edmund.reinhardt                                          cc
             =ca.ibm.com@midra
             nge.com                                               Subject
                                       RE: Unwanted sticky selections

             10/03/2006 03:09
             PM

             Please respond to
                 "CODE/400
             Discussion &amp;
                 Support"
             <code400-l@midran
                  ge.com>

Dave:

Vern's reply jogged my memory for how I set up my environment.

I have the following code in my PROFSYS.LXU file which sets the right click
mouse menu and also sets the select mode to 'element'.

'set popupmenu.Mouse_Button1_Function.Whole_Element_Select_(ELEM) macro
elem'

'set popupmenu.Mouse_Button1_Function.Rectangle_Block_Select_(RECT) macro
rect'

'set popupmenu.Mouse_Button1_Function.Stream_Select_(STREAM) macro stream'

'set blockdefaulttype element'

The options for blockdefaulttype are:
[stream|character|element|rectangle]

For the mouse pop-ups to work with the macros, I think you have to issue
the
command EXTRAS ON.

This works great for me, maybe it will help you.

John