Hi,

I think the problem is that iSeries Projects saves members locally using
the Unicode character set, and UTF-8 encoding, but CODE is expecting the
local file to be in the platform's default encoding. There is an APAR
SE16781 that describes a similar problem with characters with accents. It
will be fixed in the next release of the product.

Can you please send the following to my email address:

1. The CCSID used for Swedish
2. The default platform encoding you have assuming your PC is in the
Swedish environment. In WDSC, go to Window->Preferences. Then in
Workbench->Editors, the default text file encoding.
3. Some source with Swedish characters saved using iSeries Projects and
CODE separately.

Thanks,

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

             Bertil.Lilja@port
             got.se
             code400-l-bounces         code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             @midrange.com                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/10/2005 04:18          Swedish caracters in source members
             AM

             Please respond to
                 CODE/400
               Discussion &
                  Support

Hallo
I have a problem when using the iSeries project setup in WDSC and when
source members, both DDS and RPG are stored locally and the opened in
CODE400 or CODE Designer. I just get rubbish instead of the right
characters.

No problem when working with the members in WDSC and the LPEX editor and no
problem when working with CODE400/CODE Designer directly against the
memebers on the iSeries. No problem when using the Project setup in CODE400
either.

When I look at  the members on my PC with notepad, the characters are
displayed correctly. So as far as I can understand, the problem is in the
CODE-area.

Anyone have a sloution?

TIA

Bes tregards