The errors generated in CODE with SQLRPGLE source members will supposedly
be fixed in the next release of WDSC after 5.1.2.  This is where you edit
any line of an SQLRPGLE member and errors are automatically displayed for
embedded SQL lines.
>From IBM:
"The problem CODE Editor and SQLRPGLE source was reported to the
developer. He requested an APAR to track the problem. APAR SE16960 was
created as a result. The developer proposes to fix the problem in the
next release of WDSC because the LPEX editor can be used instead. Please
let me know if this is acceptable."
I said this was acceptable.

Craig Strong

** Craig wrote:
To clarify naming:
>> What is the source type on your source member?
Source type is SQLRPGLE.  That is what I meant when I said RPGLE SQL (just
to distinguish from COBOL, etc).
>> When you say LPEX Editor, do you mean RSE?
Yes.  I maybe should have said  Remote Systems LPEX editor.
>> This name game is really stupid, eh?
I don't think so.  I think Remote Systems LPEX Editor describes itself well
apart from CODE.  I think the idea is that LPEX editor will replace CODE.
I have heard the term jLPEX editor to identify it as Java.  That term may
be dead now but I don't know.  I do wish we would always have 1 agreed on
name for it though.  I'm sure IBM has their reasons for their naming.  I've
gotten used to when companies merge and change their names.  We just have
to live with what they call themselves at that moment.

** Vern wrote:
Craig

What is the source type on your source member?

LPEX stands for something like Live Parsing Editor and has been a part of
CODE from its start on OS/2. So the name game is confusing. When you say
LPEX Editor, do you mean RSE? CODE is LPEX Editor. The editor in RSE is
written in Java and is also called LPEX Editor, but it only looks like the
editor in CODE.

This name game is really stupid, eh?

Vern

At 01:07 PM 7/30/2004, you wrote:
It appears that CODE in WDSC 5.1.2 cannot recognize embedded RPGLE SQL as
valid statements.
Whenever changing any source line with embedded SQL, we get the following:
RNF5001E Control-Level entry is not valid; defaults to previous control
level.
RNF5006E Not entry is neither N nor blank; defaults to blank.
RNF5007E Conditioning-Indicator entry is not valid; defaults to blanks.
RNF0289E Entry contains data that is not valid; only valid data is used.
RNF5010E Factor 1 entry is not blank for the specified operation; defaults
to blanks.

Fortunately, it compiles fine and the LPEX editor is okay.
I thought I would run it by this list before submitting this to IBM.
Anyone having this problem or heard of this?
Does anyone use CODE and embedded RPGLE SQL?  If so, and you are not on
WDSC 5.1.2 yet, you may want to watch this thread.