Hi Craig,

When the Command Shell is instantiated in CODE Editor a new editor
"document" is created with the command shell contents (you will notice that
the command shell behaves somewhat like a cross between a DOS shell,
iSeries command line, and a CODE Editor document).
The command shell document doesn't exist on your machine until you save it
(like any CODE Editor document).  How can that be done?
Well, 1 of 2 ways:
1) The user explicitly saves the Command Shell by either pressing Ctrl+S or
using the File->Save menu option

2) When you exit CODE Editor and the Command Shell has been activated, you
usually see the message:
CODE - EVF9452W: This session may contain an active program do you want to
close the session without saving your data?
Now, pressing either Yes or No doesn't cause the command shell to be saved,
but I have seen users who misunderstanding that the "saving your data" here
relates to saving any information relating to any active running commands
in the command shell, try to save the command shell document by doing 1)

Once the command shell is saved (basically the user is saving a log of what
happened), it causes the editor to give focus on any subsequent invocations
of the command shell, as the editor believes that the user wishes to see
the log of the saved session.  There is no way to change this behaviour.
To eliminate this problem
1) delete the old command shell file
2) do not save the command shell log

Hope this helps!

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab