Holding down the right shift key for 8 seconds tuns on FilterKeys in the
windows accessibility options. (at least on XP). Go into control panel
then open the accessibility options, then review the setting in there to
see if something got turned on by accident.

Matt

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: code400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/19/2004 02:45 PM
Please respond to
CODE/400 Discussion & Support <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

CODE/400 Discussion & Support <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Lack of help on one user for message description

He says it worked last week.
CODE/400 under WDSC 5.1
That URL works fine for him.
No message on browser, because it never started the browser.  Nor, if a
browser was previously started in the day, did any change appear to that
browser.
Help - Editor Reference, works fine.

He said that last week he held the shift key down for a long period of
time and a window popped up
Our Sametime conversation
Rob Berendt/DE...       To the best of your knowledge, what did that
window say when you held your shift key down for an extended period of
time?
Troy Modlin/DE...       um, something keys .....  it had the effect of
reversing the function of many keys on the keyboard
Troy Modlin/DE...       i'd do it, but then i'd have to reboot to reverse
it
Rob Berendt/D...        Thanks anyways.
Troy Modlin/DE...       F1 works for help in Notes, and on the iSeries

Rob Berendt
--
"All creatures will make merry... under pain of death."
-Ming the Merciless (Flash Gordon)

Hak Lui <haklui@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: code400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/19/2004 12:49 PM
Please respond to
CODE/400 Discussion & Support <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

CODE/400 Discussion & Support <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Lack of help on one user for message description

Which release is the user on? Has he done a 'Complete install....'?
Are all the other help, for example, 'Editor reference'  working?
What was the error message on the browser?

Would the user be able to get the help, for example for this error in wdsc
5.1,  from this url?
http://localhost:49213/plugins/com.ibm.etools.iseries.ilerpg.doc_5.1.0
/evfrnf401025.htm#HDRRNF5014

Best regards,
    Hak
_______________________
Hak Lui
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries, IBM Canada Ltd.
e-mail: haklui@xxxxxxxxxx

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             code400-l-bounces                                          To

             @midrange.com             CODE400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc

             01/19/2004 11:51                                      Subject

             AM                        Lack of help on one user for
                                       message description

             Please respond to
                 CODE/400
               Discussion &
                  Support

When you get a compile message, you can position to that line of source,
hit F1 and get a description of that message via the web, (webby version
of DSPMSGD).  However one user no longer has this feature.  What works on
mine doesn't seem to work on his.  How do I restore this functionality?

at http://archive.midrange.com/code400-l.

NOTE: WDSc for iSeries disucssion has it's own mailing list.
Information can be found at
http://lists.midrange.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/wdsc-l