Craig, ecause we have the CRTSQLxxxI *NOGEN in the same program as the real CRTxxx command, we have no problem with being stepped on by other developers or of losing contact with QTEMP.

It is not possible to get CODE to see another job's QTEMP, as the design of QTEMP is to have its visibility restricted to its own job.

If we were to run our CSQL command from CODE in a batch manner, we'd probably have the same problem with the QTEMP being unavailable. OTOH, using *CURLIB gives you a place that can be seen, and there is the added benefit that you already have a unique *CURLIB, just to make CODE work right.

Vern