>> In a simple CL example for CODE editing, your call would be as follows:
>> call pgm(qdevtools/evfcfdbk) parm('37' 'Y' 'OS400' '<LOCAL> CODEEDIT
>> "<>&L/&F(&N)" /M Y /N')
As someone mentioned, I forgot to clarify that &L = Library, &F = File, and
&N = Member.
You need to plug these values into those variables based on the parms
passed to the CL program.

Craig Strong

** Craig wrote:
Right, except you do not need STRCODE to use CODE.  The only thing STRCODE
buys you is green screen CL prompting and host commands (including possible
functionality from third-party plug-ins).  I personally like STRCODE CL
prompting better than GUI because GUI prompting is limited.
Anyway, you can start CODE locally and search without any AS400 setup, but
why would you when STRPDM is faster?  With a little AS400 setup, you can
set up commands to use CODE directly from PDM (ex: "E" = Edit with CODE
instead of "2" = Edit with SEU).  In fact, you can set up browse and design
commands as well (ex: "D" = Design, "B" = Browse).
In a simple CL example for CODE editing, your call would be as follows:
call pgm(qdevtools/evfcfdbk) parm('37' 'Y' 'OS400' '<LOCAL> CODEEDIT
"<>&L/&F(&N)" /M Y /N')
Maybe some use library QCODE instead of QDEVTOOLS but I think QDEVTOOLS is
supposed to be newer?  Not sure but I always use QDEVTOOLS.
Make sure your current library is added beforehand.

Below is an excerpt from a CL for handling the PDM input:
 *  For EVFCFDBK, there are 4 parms.  The first 3 parms are required.
+
 *  Parm 4 (CODEPARM) values:
+
 *  Browse source = 'CODEBRWS "<>&L/&F(&N)" /N'
+
 *     Design DDS = 'CODEDSU "<>&L/&F(&N)"'
+
 *    Edit source = 'CODEEDIT "<>&L/&F(&N)" /M Y /N'
+
 *  The empty <> looks for the first server (or enter a server here).
+
 *  /M Y means to lock the member.
+
 *  /N indicates to retain sequence numbers.
+

             CHGVAR     VAR(&CODEPARM2) VALUE('<LOCAL>' *BCAT +
                          &CODEPARM)
             CALL       PGM(QDEVTOOLS/EVFCFDBK) PARM('37' 'Y' +
                          'OS400' &CODEPARM2)

You could even take this further and set the current library automatically
based on a list of users in a file before calling the program.
You could even have another CL that executes the STRCODE with defaults and
the current library added automatically beforehand.
If anyone is interested in these CL's, let me know.

Thanks,
Craig Strong
craigs@xxxxxxxxx