Thanks a bunch, Craig. The new DLL works great.

I am using iSeries Access V5R2M0 SP SI07675. The STRCODE session is on a V5R1 box.

I agree about using STRCODE. I've been trying the new v5 WDSC but will probably use CODE (as bundled with v5 WDSC) and STRCODE - memory constraints for one thing. (Whimper!)

Much regards

Vern

At 01:34 PM 7/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>> Well, the 5250 session is also stuck - only a white backgorund. maybe an
issue with Client Access (or whatever it's called now)?

Hi Vern!
I assume you are on iSeries V5R2.  You are correct in your suspicion that
Client Access (iSeries Access) for V5R2 is the problem.  The problem occurs
in iSeries Access service packs >= SI05853.  PTF SI08895 for APAR SE09006
is supposed to fix this problem and is available for download.  Make sure
you check out the pre/co-requisite PTF's for this.  SI07675 and SI08894 are
co-requisite PTF's for this.  I'm not sure what the difference between
pre-requisite and co-requisite is.  My guess is that pre-requisite means
the previous PTF must be applied before the current and co-requisite means
the previous can be applied before or at the same time as current.  Hey, we
don't have these PTF SI08895!  I just found out by a search that it is an
iSeries PTF instead of something in the iSeries Access product.  Time for
us to get updated.  I had been distributing a temporary fix that IBM had
given me that replaces a file on the PC.  The temporary fix has worked like
a champ ever since I applied it several months ago.  I will go ahead and
e-mail you that but I would suggest getting that PTF as a long-term fix.  I
guarantee the file won't have a virus.  :)  See my previous posts from back
in February below for a description of the problem and IBM's answer.  As
you can see, I expected it to be in the iSeries Access for Windows SP as
advertised.  Apparently, they changed their minds.  What got me searching
was when they said it should be in the next SP expected June 20th. Well, we
have the latest SP from maybe a month ago and no fix.  Now, it is already
past June 20th.
I never received any responses from this list about getting the fix since
that post so I figure either most people are on an old version of an
iSeries or they don't do CL prompting with the STRCODE session or they
ignore my posts (him again?) :).  I personally like the STRCODE session for
CL prompts rather than GUI because it is stable and has more functionality
(help, prompt within a prompt, tags, etc).

Thanks,
Craig Strong