Hello:

I've been using WDSc V4.0 on a Windows XP Pro machine for about 6 months. I have View-Default to Ring turned off so every time I open a source member, it opens into a new window.

Usually I have CODE verify my program, save the source back to the iSeries and compile from PDM. The Command Shell never opened unless I prompted for it (F9).

The other day, for the first time, I tried to compile from CODE and now the Command Shell behaves differently.

When I open a source member, the first opens fine, no issues. When I open a second source member, I see the source download and parse... and then the Command Shell opens and I have to ctrl-alt-right to change windows. This is annoying.

Can anyone can tell me what changed and why this is happening? Is there a way to prevent the Command Shell from opening? It surprises me that I was able to use CODE all these months and not bump into this issue.

I reviewed some related posts that discuss using TweakUI to change an application focus setting. I tried making the suggested change but it did not seem to make a difference for this issue.

I liked CODE better the way it was working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

John