Violaine,

I am running V5R2 and still have this issue.
ServicePackLevel = 3
VERSION = 4.0.0

Cume = TL03021
WRKPTFGRP
PTF Group             Level  Status
SF99519                  40  Installed
SF99502                   6  Installed
SF99271                   7  Installed
SF99190                  10  Installed
SF99169                   8  Installed
SF99149                   3  Installed
SF99148                   3  Installed
SF99098                   7  Installed
SF99085                   2  Installed
SF99039                   2  Installed

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Violaine Batthish" <batthish@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: code400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/28/2003 09:04 AM
Please respond to CODE/400 Discussion & Support

        To:     CODE/400 Discussion & Support <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Re: Why does my RPG program compile twice?

Hi Ben,

There was a bug with the SQL compilers such that if you specify  DBGVIEW
(*SOURCE)  , the OPTION(*EVENTF) is ignored.
This would have the result of the user not being able to see any errors
found in the error list.
This problem was fixed by the compilers in V5R2M0.

To circumvent the problem, CODE compiles twice:
once with OPTION(*EVENTF) and DBGVIEW(*NONE) and
then again with OPTION(*NOEVENTF) and DBGVIEW(*SOURCE)

This ensures that you see any errors in the error list, and that you have
your *PGM or *MODULE object generated with the appropriate debug level.

In WDSc 4.0, CODE is smart enough to detect whether the host is V5R2M0 and
only compile once for that release, and twice for earlier releases.

Hope this helps!

Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@xxxxxxxxxx          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

WDT/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400
WDT/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support

                      Ben_Pforsich@xxxxxx
                      ns.com                     To:       CODE/400
Discussion & Support <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                   cc:
                      code400-l-bounces@x        Subject:  Why does my RPG
program compile twice?
                      idrange.com

                      03/27/2003 03:47 PM
                      Please respond to
                      CODE/400 Discussion
                      & Support

Just wondering why every time I initiate a compile from CODE Editor
(usually an SQLRPGLE source type), two jobs (running that EVFCFDBK pgm)
are submitted on the 400 and I get two messages back on my 400 session
saying that the job either ended normally or abnormally, instead of just
one?  Looking into the job logs, I see that they appear to be identical.
Both are executing the command:
CALL PGM(QDEVTOOLS/EVFCFDBK) PARM('37' 'Y' 'AS400'
'CRTSQLRPGI OBJ(J20##X2DEV/JKG100) SRCFILE(JBACUST/QRPGSRC) SRCMBR(JKG100)

OPTION(*NOEVENTF) DBGVIEW(*SOURCE)')

I'm running WDT/400 v5.1 SP5 on Win 2K with SP3.  In Program Generator, my
default settings are:
Batch, Notify on Complete, Job Description: *USRPRF, Job Queue: QPGMR,
Default ILE Command: CRTBNDxxx

Just a nuisance.  Is there something I have configured incorrectly?

Ben Pforsich
Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
Food Products Division
I/S Department
Columbus, Ohio
Ben_Pforsich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
at http://archive.midrange.com/code400-l.

NOTE: WDSc for iSeries disucssion has it's own mailing list.
Information can be found at
http://lists.midrange.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/wdsc-l