To make a thread even longer:  :)
I've been using CODE for 1 1/2 years, SEU-like environments for 5 or 6
years (longer than this but almost always use CODE now).  Anything you can
do in SEU, you can do in CODE and better.  I had been waiting for something
like this for years.  CODE even allows you to open source too big to open
in SEU (wait about 20-30 seconds on 1 Ghz to open for that though).  With
some of the macros at http://midrange.com > AS/400 Frequently Asked
Questions > Programming > CODE/400 > CODE/400 ReXX Macros, you can do it
even better.  If you are comfortable with the "C", "M", "A", etc on the
line numbers, you can use those until you get comfortable with Alt-L,
Ctl-C, Ctl-V, etc (you don't have to use those though).  There is even a
macro I wrote to create subroutines automatically like the subprocedure
autocreate (you can write them too).  You probably want to write source
quickly and CODE allows you to do that as it allows custom modifications.
Even change modification dates and marks massively.  It even gets faster
with Options > Language Editing > Smart Enter > Enable Smart Enter (macro
can toggle this for RPG).
Top Pro's: View -> Indent (see if's indented), compile listing for going
straight to errors, help (including BIF on menu), quick source editing
functions, etc.
Top Con's: Takes 6 seconds or so depending on the size of your source,
maybe autorecovery is not quite as stable (haven't had problems though), a
little time getting used to editing.  That is it for the con's!  These
con's are chicken feed compared to the benefits (note: I have not lost a
session once in CODE for probably over a year but the Designer less time
than that but not bad at all).  I don't think I ever actually lost source I
could not recover.  I don't get to CODE from Project Organizer, WSSDa, or
the GUI since these are all unacceptably slow to me when finding the
member.  I use CODE straight from green screen (PDM and/or TurnOver
(http://www.softlanding.com)).  The only times I see myself using SEU is in
browsing through members a couple seconds at a time looking for certain
functions.  This is when I need to open and close members quickly to find
what I need.  Then, open in CODE to edit or even browse if you wish.
If you don't use CODE Editor, at least try using the Designer if you
haven't already.  It saves me hours of tedious coding of screens (great for
subfiles), printer files, and database files.  I gave up on messing with
SDA, RLU, etc long ago.  I consider CODE an upgrade to SEU.  CODE Debugger?
Good features for intense debugging but too slow for me for normal daily
use so I don't use it often.  Maybe there is something more I need to learn
on the debugger to get more familiar with it.  Good tool though.

Did you know: You can edit source in CODE Editor (browse or edit) and
Designer straight from PDM?
Yes, you can.  Good on both STRCODE and autostart server environments.
CALL PGM(QDEVTOOLS/EVFCFDBK) PARM('37' 'Y' 'OS400' '<LOCAL> CODEEDIT "
<>lib/fil(mbr)" /M Y /N').
Browsing?  Then substitute CODEEDIT with CODEBRWS with /N only.
Designing?  Then substitute CODEEDIT with CODEDSU with no options.
I suggest adding these to a CL with options coded then put it in a command
and add options to user-defined options of PDM (F16).  You might also want
to add some lines for changing the current library to a unique current
library and then restore current library back (per user) in that CL.  Then,
if you want to open in SEU, use "2", CODE, use "B", "E", or "D" (or
whatever options you want).  I have also heard STRCODECMD works well
starting with CODEEDIT... but I have not been able to perfect this
operation for autostart servers.  I have this CL if you want me to e-mail
it.  Good luck.

Craig Strong
craigs@xxxxxxxxx