You might check (if you haven't already) to see that your Client Access
is at the level as what shipped with your OS and Code.  I updated my
Code (WebSphere) a from cd shipped with our v5r2 release and didn't
think to update CA (or iSeries Access) and had problems getting things
to work.  Somethings worked and some didn't (don't have specifics any
more).

Might give that a try.

Good luck,

-- Jim

>>> bcarl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/18/03 04:21PM >>>
I used to use Code 400 religiously…then we had various upgrades to V5R1
and
it has since stopped working.

I have installed the V5R1 version of ‘Websphere Development Tools’  and
Code
400, and I cannot get it to work!

Our resources to pursue this are somewhat limited.

My request is simple…If there are any gurus who would be willing to
spend
some time on the phone to check some
Of the basics of the setup, so I can get up and running again, I would
be
very grateful.  Anyone up for a challenge?

The message I am getting is: Unable to Start the daemon.  A TCP/IP error
occurred – unknown error.

This occurs when I try to open the source library in CODE 400.

There should be no reason I do not have access to this, and my
counterparts
are really to busy to be bothered with this since they do not like to
use
it.  Actually only one of them has tried it but that’s another story.  I
suspect the problem has to do with my own workstation settings…

Anyways, if anyone is feeling gratuitous and is willing to receive a
call to
check some things on the system, let me know.
Or, if they know another place to turn besides IBM’s cryptic web
sites…:-)

Bob Carl, Senior Systems Analyst
Knapheide Manufacturing Company
217-223-1848 Ext. 2397