Benefits of using Code/400

·       Full screen editor of (37 lines X 119 vs. 24 X 80 Green Screen)
·       PC sensitive keyboard meaning cut, copy, paste, home, and end works.
·       Tab key works based on current specification, which shows on top
line.  For example, pressing tab on a "C" spec will automatically take you
though Factor 1, Operation Code, Factor 2, Result field, etc.  You no longer
have to hold the space bar until cursor is in desired column.

·       F4 still works by prompting the specification in a popup window.
You can also select different forms using mouse.  You don't have to remember
which for you want (e.g. H, F, FX, I, IX, J (I cont), JX, D, DX, C, CX, OD,
P (O cont), PR, PX).

·       Editor shows comments, operation codes, and length-decimal points in
different colors.
·       Cross Reference button shows the indicator usage and statement
numbers.  Clicking on a statement number will position you in the code.

·       Navigate Button will show subroutine flow chart (very useful in CFM
programs)
·       Compare button will compare two source members visually showing bar
where lines don't match using yellow and red markings.
·       Verify Program will upload the program back to the AS/400, compile
without creating program, and download an error listing of all compiler
errors.  By clicking on an error in the list you will be directed to the
line of code that is bad.
·       Help (F1) will load RPG reference manuals such as READ, CHAIN, etc.
using web browser.
·       Major syntax errors show up in the source.  Help is available
showing what the errors mean, and possible ways to correct them.
·       Indent Function shows source with indented If statements (in browse
mode).
·       Smart guides (wizards) to help you create procedures and
D-specifications.
·       You can split your program into multiple views.  This is useful if
you want to see different parts of the program as the same time.
·       Able to find and filter text very easily.
·       You can select RPG 400 source and convert it to RPG IV source.
·       Can set quick mark CTRL-Q and return quickly with ALT-Q.
·       Interactive debugger looks powerful.  Haven't uncovered its full
potential.
·       Screen designer is cool.