From: code400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:code400-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Jim Essinger
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 12:21 AM
To: code400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Ending the Comm Daemon

John,

I have the same problem.  Once the comm daemon has been started it won't
end by any means I can find.

How about it IBM?  Any help with this?

My environment:

Win2k with all latest patches, service packs and security updates

IBM Thinkpad A31P with 1 Gig of main memory and 60 gig harddrive

IBM WebSphere Development Tools for iSeries
Version: V5R1M0
Pathname: C:\WDT400\
Installation Date: 9/3/2002

The following list gives the service and configuration levels of each
installed product component:

Component: CODE/400
Service Level: 5

Component: Distributed Debugger
Version: 9
Pathname: C:\IBMDEBUG
Service Level: 1

Component: VisualAge for Java for Windows
[Installed]

Component: Webfacing
Service Level: 5

Component: Base
Service Level: 5

Component: SDK
Service Level: 5

Component: ET400
Service Level: 0

Component: VisualAge for RPG
Service Level: 5

Component: WebSphere Studio
Service Level: 5

Component: NetQuestion
Program Folder: C:\IMNNQ_2K

At 11:56 AM 10/22/2002 -0600, John wrote:
>The download page for the WDSCi service pack warns us to end the
>communications daemon before attempting to apply the service pack, but it
>doesn't tell us what the secret is to doing so. Clicking the right mouse
>button on the daemon icon and selecting "Close" does end it, but it starts
>itself right back up again.
>
>Any tips from the experts?
>

>John Taylor

Jim Essinger