Are you looking for how to get your source from the host onto your PC?

In CPO, right click a source member that is on the host.  Then select "Get
from host".  That will download it to the directory on your PC you selected
with configuring the CPO project.  Then you can edit the source without
being connected to the as400.  Before disconnecting, verify once with the
Refresh Cache option to get all the file definitions downloaded.  From then
on you can verify without being connected to the host, unless a file is
changed on the host and you want to use that change in your code.

hth,

Phil