I don't trust Designer.  But that doesn't stop me from
using it.  What I do after exiting is open it in
CODEEDIT and do a reality check.  I've lost stuff
periodically and received no errors - until I tried to
compile it.  Oh, and I always use a copy of the source
just in case :)

Where I am usually frustrated is with printer files.
Something (bad) happens when working with the last field
in a record.  I think it has to do with the SPACEA
keyword.  Fields can wind up in the wrong record but
when you look at them on screen they're correct.

Phil