OK. I will add this onto my plate for investigation. You know. If we cannot
reproduce the problem, especially intermittent ones, usually it will be
very difficult for us to solve it.

Hak Lui
AS/400 AD, IBM Canada Ltd.
e-mail: haklui@ca.ibm.com

"David Morris" <David.Morris@plumcreek.com>@midrange.com on 01/22/2002
03:26:30 PM

Please respond to code400-l@midrange.com

Sent by:  code400-l-admin@midrange.com

To:   <code400-l@midrange.com>
cc:
Subject:  Re: Loss of entries on the CODE/400 "recently-used" list

Reeve,

I have experienced this on various systems for several years now. Gave

up on reporting it. When I did chase it aggresively, I was told it had
be something on our network or that we were not shutting down properly.

I have seen this on W98 and NT. It is usually precipitated by some
event.
I did do several scratch installs (SP3) recently and they did not work
from
day one.

David Morris

>>> reeve@ltl400.com 01/22/02 10:45AM >>>
Last night I ended CODE/400 (V5R1, latest SP's) properly (using
EXIT).  This
morning I started CODE/400, went to my recently-used list, and selected
the
member I was working on yesterday.  CODE/400 locked up (went to "not
responding"), so I killed it.

When I restarted CODE/400, the recently-used list reverted to an older
version: the members I had been working on are no longer there, and the
size
of the list is still 10 entries.  I have been experiencing this
behavior for
multiple releases, and this can't possibly be working as designed.

I've been assured in other messages that using "Exit" saves the
recently-used list.  Maybe the list is saved; if so, CODE/400 has a
problem
when restarting after an abnormal termination (it's getting some
lost-in-space list).  I'm think this is related to CODE/400's
tendency to
display "Untitled Document xxx", where "xxx" is some number
related to last
night's lottery number.  Every time I end and restart CODE/400,
"xxx"
increments.

A re-boot resets the document number.  I thought "reboot" was the
cure for
Windows applications?oh, right?

Regards,
Reeve