From: code400-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:code400-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Jim Essinger
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 6:17 PM
To: code400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Find and Replace dialog question

Greetings!

Using the find and replace dialog is cumbersome. I want to replace multiple
occurrences of the same find string, but to view them before they are
replaced.  Not all need to be replaced.  I need to do this over multiple
files I have loaded into Code editor.  I can/have set up a key  (alt 'N'
with find next macro) set that will let me find the next occurrence of the
string in the find prompt, but have no way to do a replace without bringing
up the dialog box, and clicking on the replace button.  Is there a way
(command to put in a macro - or some other way to assign to a key) to tell
find and replace to replace this occurrence and find the next occurrence?