Batthish,

I, in fact, DO have a supportline contract. However, every time I report
what I think is a defect, one or both of two things happens:

1.I am requested to research the problem myself and provide addtional
documentation as to the nature of the beast, along with "experimenting" on
various "fix" scenarios, all of which takes a great deal of my time and
rarely results in a solution.

2.I am presented with a bill from IBM support for the time the IBM'ers spent
on the phone with me.

Neither of these solutions is desirable, and just serves to increase our
level of frustration.  When I review the correspondence in the newsgroups, I
see, often, that I am not the only one reaching this level of frustration.
It is SO frustrating that, in the end, I resort to less than functional
work-arounds, just to try and get something accomplished in my day (which is
not supposed to be spend testing IBM software that SHOULD be working), and
also I end up NOT reporting the problems as I don't have the time nor do I
have the inclination to fight with IBM Support Line's billing department,
documenting and justifying why I SHOULD NOT be paying that particular bill
since the problem is not a usage problem but a product defect.

Look, this is a potentially GREAT piece of software, and I am happy that
someone continues to work on it an make it better. But the problem reporting
channels need to be improved.

Thanks for letting me vent...

Ric LuBell