Hi Phil.

Let me look into it - this might take a bit of time though...

Regards,
Vadim Berestetsky
Distributed Debugger Development
Internet:  berestet@ca.ibm.com

Phil Groschwitz <sublime78ska@yahoo.com>@midrange.com on 01/02/2002
10:19:20 AM

Please respond to code400-l@midrange.com

Sent by:  code400-l-admin@midrange.com

To:   code400-l@midrange.com
cc:
Subject:  Debugging & file I/O BIF's like %EOF, %FOUND

I posted this on the RPG-L but I think this is where
the Distributed Debugger folks lurk so I'm cross
posting it.

--- Phil Groschwitz <sublime78ska@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would be happy if I could drag the file I/O bif
> into
> the Monitors pane in the distributed debugger.  I
> would also like to set a breakpoint on a CHAIN, for
> example, where %FOUND = '1'.
>
> I don't want to change it's value but I would like
> watch it, and to set a conditional breakpoint on it.
>
> Whether it's a big deal or not to code I don't know
> but I don't think it's unreasonable to want it, or
> see the value it would add to the debugger.
>
> Phil
>

> > On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, Douglas Handy wrote:
> > >
> > > It would be great to be able to give it any
> > function or procedure name and have
> > > it display the return value, not just certain
> > BIFs...

Phil