V4R5M0 - Code/400 & VARPG W/SP2 - W2K

In VARPG when I "Build A New Project", the following error(s) are displayed
& I don't know why?  When I look at the "extended" help for this error code,
it says "The Field-Name entry (positions 49 - 62) has already been defined
as a file name, record name, or constant name. The Field-Name entry cannot
also be defined as an input field."

The strange thing is the three lines are numbered 00002 which happens to be
a comment record so I am really confused.  What is it pointing to?  The
cursor is positioned at col.49of line 2 when I double click the error.  When
I scroll through the rest of the program, I don't see anything that is out
of line.  Must be someplace but I don't have a clue which line(s) is in
error.

<snip>
      * Function . . . :   Allow the user to Add/Update WE CARE Data.     *
RNV4287E Cannot define name as a field since it has already been defined;
specification is ignored.
RNV4287E Cannot define name as a field since it has already been defined;
specification is ignored.
RNV4287E Cannot define name as a field since it has already been defined;
specification is ignored.
      *                    Also Print Reports from data in the WE CARE    *
      *                    data base.                                     *
<snip>

The other thing that I've tried is to comment out the "F" statements that
define the data files that are on the AS/400 (REMOTE).  When I comment them
out, the error does not appear but is back when I activate the data files.
<SNIP>
      FWCSAFE    IF     E           K DISK    REMOTE

      FWCVNDR    IF     E           K DISK    REMOTE

      FWCDATA    UF A E           K DISK    REMOTE
<snip>

Just do not know what the problem is with my file specs.

Thanks - Dennis.

Dennis Munro

"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."  Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:

Badger Mining Corporation
www.badgerminingcorp.com
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com
(920) 361-2388