From: MWalter@hanoverwire.com [mailto:MWalter@hanoverwire.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 9:38 AM
To: code400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Code Designer opinions?.....

I use Code Designer allot. The biggest hurdle is learning how to create the
groups. You can create a group with the subfile, control record and footer
record, then view all three formats as a group. Then when you want to edit,
just select the format from the dropdown box.

For printer files, I usually just throw all of the formats into one group
and edit away.

Designer seems to be a bit buggy though. It crashes a good bit on my NT 4.0
system. I am using V5R1M0 SP4 version of WDT/400.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hanover Wire Cloth a div of CCX, Inc.
mwalter@hanoverwire.com
http://www.hanoverwire.com
717.637.3795 Ext.3040

                    Chris Proctor
                    <cproctor@gartspor        To:     "CODE400-L (E-mail)"
<CODE400-L@midrange.com>
                    ts.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Code Designer
opinions?.....
                    code400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    12/10/01 11:18 AM
                    Please respond to
                    code400-l

Hi all,

Can some of you (not IBMers, sorry) give me your opinion on Code Designer?
think Code Edit is awesome! It's very easy to use and pretty self
explanatory, but when I open Designer I think to myself, "What is this and
how do I use it?". Then, after a little trying to display formats, add
fields, etc. I close it and go into SDA. I know a lot of it is just working
with what I'm comfortable with, not to mention, not having tons of time to
"play around" trying to learn something new. Especially if it doesn't make
my job easier and I'm only doing it for the sake of using GUI. Is it worth
the time? Does it have features that would make my life easier? How many of
you are honestly using it because of it's "power"?  I WILL spend the time
figure it out if you all tell me what a wonderful product it is. And if
not.....long live SDA! ha ha.  Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Chris Proctor
Manager of Systems Integration
Gart Sports