Hi Craig,

It was indeed the CLASSPATH that was causing the problem - but it was the user
classpath that screwed things up (see my reply to Eric for details).

I am using W2K.

It looks as if WDT sets the system classpath to c:\WDT400\Java  (or the
relevent directory for WDT).
It also looks as if the user classpath should really have %CLASSPATH% in it, to
pick up the system classpath. I had installed something that simply overwort
the user classpath.

Another "joy of Windoze" issue ;-).

Paul