 >> Maybe if we could get rid of the cross reference, some of our larger
programs would download faster than 30 seconds from the AS/400.

I doubt it would make any difference.  Since the x-ref is Java based I
suspect it is built dynamically on the fly on the PC when requested.

PS.  I often use the compiler x-ref.  I've often thought of running a tool
against that to build the list because I never quite trust the Java tool
one.  Just select listing from the Verify dialog and a normal compile
listing is produced whenever you verify.  Tick the "edit listing file"
option and it pops up in the edit window AND at long last (after umpteen
releases!) it finally just goes away when you F3 it!  No more idiot "do you
want to save ...." dialog!!

Jon Paris
Partner400