There is an easier way to find out the service pack level.
Just get to an MS DOS prompt and type "WDTVER" and press <Enter>.

This has been the way IBM tech support has told me to find my service pack
level.  It used to go to wdtver.txt before SP3 but now it displays and you
can select "Copy".   I am assuming the information is still accurate.  It
looks like "WDTVER" has information and registry has other information.
Thanks for telling me about how to find information from the registry.
The following displays when I type "WDTVER":

IBM WebSphere Development Tools for iSeries
Version: V5R1M0
Pathname: C:\WDT400\
Installation Date: 6/8/01

The following list gives the service and configuration levels of each
installed product component:

Component: CODE/400
Service Level: 3.01

Component: Distributed Debugger
Version: 9
Pathname: C:\IBMDEBUG
Service Level: 1

Component: VisualAge for Java for Windows
[Installed]

Component: Webfacing
Service Level: 3.01

Component: Base