Mike, your efforts are appreciated.  We’re starved for tools out here, and
many of us see WDT/400 as the turning point for the iSeries.  Look…when I
walk in the door, my dogs bark.  They’re barking because they’re happy to
see me, not because they’re mad.  So when we’re barking…

SEU and SDA are basically the same now as they were 22 years ago.  Yes, we
have SQL and ILE now; you can argue those components must be in place before
AD tools can be developed.  WDT/400 shows great promise, but I believe it’s
under-appreciated (and therefore grossly under-funded).  Here we are in the
middle of the Internet revolution, and the iSeries handles HTML with the
same elegance as the System/3 handled on-line programming 25 years ago…and
with almost the same techniques (program request under format, nasty
interactive coding).

It’s too bad the Vahalla gang can’t manage the hardware/software investment
ratio: right now hardware is way ahead of AD tools.  It will be interesting
to see what, if any, software is announced by IBM at COMMON.  We need some
good news…

Woof woof!

Regards,
Reeve