Hi Dave,

You're not the first one to report this problem, and I am hot on the trail
to fix it!
Please send me the following information (and I may be able to send you a
fix to try):
1) The version of CODE and service level you are at
2) The file:
On Win98/ME:  C:\WINDOWS\IBMCOM\CODESERVER.XML
On WinNT: C:\WINNT\IBMCOM\CODESERVER.XML
On Win2k: C:\Program files\ibm\shared files\CODESERVER.XML

Thanks,
Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

WDT/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400
WDT/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support

                    "Dave Schopp"
                    <dschopp@imt.net>        To:     "CODE/400 Mailing List
\(E-mail\)" <code400-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    code400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     CODE/400
communication console consistently crashes
                    drange.com

                    09/06/2001 12:44
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    code400-l

(This was also posted to news group ibm.software.code400)

I recently tried the trick of adding multiple server names to the HOSTS
file, all pointing to the same IP address, each with their own library list
in the CODE/400 comm console.  It worked fine until I decided to open a
file from one of the newly defined servers.  From the Code Editor I chose
File | Open, then selected the server I wanted.  The window stayed there
for a short bit, then I got the dreaded visit from Dr. Watson.

Now, whenever I try to access the communication console, Watson rears his
ugly head.  I removed the new servers from the HOSTS file but that hasn't
made any difference - CommConsole still craters.

Here's my particulars:
           NT4.0 SP6a               128 Mb Ram
           WDT400, V4R5M1           (I installed SP2, but still show as
V4R5M1?)
           OS/400, V4R5

When I click on the Start | Programs | IBM WebSphere... | Communications |
Communications Console icon, the communications daemon starts in my
traybar, then a few seconds later, <CRASH!>.

           "An application error has occurred and an application error log
                          is being generated.

                          evfcsvrd.exe

           Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address 0x500116f2"

Funny thing is, I get two of these at the same time...  ?

I finally let Dr. Watson log the error.  If anyone's interested, I can post
the gory details of that, as well.

Any help?
Anyone?

David Schopp