To me there are a couple of reasons that I could think of:

1) Somewhere comm is timing out and the file is not being saved.  If this
is the case then you might look in the comm log from the properties in the
comm daemon.

2) The save has already happened before the progress dialogue came up. I
know about this problem (timing thing) that can happen mostly with really
really slow machines saving to a local file.  I have not heard of it
saving to an AS/400 but I imagine that it could happen there too if the
400 and connection were quick.  If this is the case then just cancel the
dialogue.  After that you can check to see if the file was saved at the
date/time expected, if so then it was just a snappy save.

Do you see this difficulty all the time or just sometimes?

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@ca.ibm.com

Please respond to code400-l@midrange.com
Sent by:        code400-l-admin@midrange.com