That's awesome, Violaine! Today was kinda' slow...now I have something to
do! Thanks!

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: batthish@ca.ibm.com [mailto:batthish@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 11:20 AM
To: code400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Design changes which would be nice for project organizer

Phil, Chris,

Ok, I haven't thoroughly tested this, but I did take it for a quick whirl
and it seemed to work ok for me.
Here's what I did:
1) In my hosts file, defined server1, server2 & server3 to point to the
same IP address.
2) In Communication Console/Properties, added server1, server2 and server3.
3) In Communication Console/Properties, went to the Library list page,
selected each server from the pull down, and specified a different set of
libraries for each server.

What I got:  3 new servers with different library lists by default, CODE
communications seemed to handle it OK and there were more server jobs (of
course 3 times as many as usual, since there were now 3 connections to that
server).

As for performance, I saw pretty much the usual on the PC side. Of course,
since there are now more host jobs, there might be some degradation at that
end.  However, since most users wouldn't be accessing all 3 new servers
simultaneously (ie you can't verify on two different  hosts at the same
time - or in this case same host, different *LIBL).

Hope this helps!

Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

WDT/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400
WDT/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support

                    Chris Proctor
                    <cproctor@gartspor       To:
"'code400-l@midrange.com'" <code400-l@midrange.com>
                    ts.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: Design changes
which would be nice for project
                    code400-l-admin@mi        organizer
                    drange.com

                    08/24/2001 12:37
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    code400-l

That would be pretty cool! If this does work, does it have any impact on
performance?  Especially if a number of developers are doing the same
thing.
Also, would this make it possible to specify different libls to each server
for different apps? Your right, Phil, that would be REEEEAAAALLL  cool!

Chris