From: batthish@ca.ibm.com [mailto:batthish@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 6:19 AM
To: code400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: VARPG and Java

Hi Cindy,

I know that this may seem minor, but I would put a backslash "\" in your
path in the JDK section.  Technically

C:Program Files\IBM\Java12\bin

is not the same as

C:\Program Files\IBM\Java12\bin

The first directory will be relative to whatever directory you are in,
while the second is an absolute directory.

Hope this helps!!!

Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

WDT/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400
WDT/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support

                    Cyndi Bradberry
                    <CyndiB@IHFA.ORG>        To:     "CODE400-L (E-mail)"
<CODE400-L@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    code400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     VARPG and Java
                    drange.com

                    08/21/2001 03:55
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    code400-l

Hi, This is only marginally related to CODE/400 but hopefully someone else
has the answer.

I have a VARPG program that I would like to compile to JAVA. Each time I
try
to do do this, it tells me that it can't find the javac.exe in the path.
In the control panel, there are two path's
User Variables:

C:\IBMDEBUG\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;C:
\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Offi
ce;;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\CLIENT~1;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\CLIENT~1\Shared;C:
\PROGRA~1\IBM
\CLIENT~1\Emulator;;C:\IMNNQ_NT;C:Program Files\IBM\Java12\bin

System Variables:
C:\IBMDEBUG\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;C:
\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Offi
ce;;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\CLIENT~1;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\CLIENT~1\Shared;C:
\PROGRA~1\IBM
\CLIENT~1\Emulator;;C:\IMNNQ_NT;C:Program Files\IBM\Java12\bin

Both point to C:Program Files\IBM\Java12\bin which contains the program
javac.exe.

I can also find C:\WDT400\Studio35\bin\javac.exe

But still the same error !  I think that I have rebooted this thing 10
times
today !  I also re-installed the JDK from disk 1 of the WDTS.

I am OS/400 V4R4 and WDT V4R5M1 SP2.

Anyone have any other ideas ?

Thanks,

Cyndi B.