  • Subject: Re: DSPF color formats
  • From: batthish@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:25:30 -0400

Hi Jeff,

I've forwarded your problem to the install team.  They will contact you and
help you make sure that all required files get installed on your machine.

thanks,
Violaine Batthish
CODE/400 Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

CODE/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/varpg
WDT/400 Support :
http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/update_downloads.html

                    Jeff@VTINFO.COM

                    Sent by:                 To:     CODE400-L@midrange.com

                    owner-code400-l@mi       cc:

                    drange.com               Subject:     Re: DSPF color
formats

                    07/10/2001 04:03

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

Thank you for your help.

1) I am working with a remote file.
2) The properties are correct.
3) There is no Language Load option under Profiles.  If I click on Change
Profile, and then click on the dropdown button, I see RPG400, but cannot
find DSPF400.
4) I do not have the file WDT400\SYSTEM\L4EVFSLX.DLL.

I think you have found my problem -- where do I get that DLL?

Thank you again!

Jeff Morrill

                    batthish@ca.ibm.co

                    m                         To:
CODE400-L@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    owner-code400-l@mi        Subject:     Re: DSPF color
formats
                    drange.com

                    07/10/01 03:37 PM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

Hi Jeff,

You don't mention whether or not you are talking about local or remote
files.  There is definitely a possibility that this might happen for local
file, depending on the extension that you use for display files (CODE
Editor should recognize .DSP & .DSPF)

Once your source is loaded, you should first check that the properties
indicate the correct source type (select File->Properties)
If so, then check that the correct profile has been loaded (check
Options->Profiles->Language Load: DSPF400)
You should then check that token highlighting is turned on
(Options->Language Editing->Token highlighting) This is the option which
colors the text.

If all of that looks good, I suggest taking a look at
WDT400\SYSTEM\L4EVFSLX.DLL  This file should be installed and have an
appropriate date/time stamp.

thanks,
Violaine Batthish
CODE/400 Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

CODE/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/varpg
WDT/400 Support :
http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/update_downloads.html

                    Jeff@VTINFO.COM

                    Sent by:                 To:
<CODE400-L@midrange.com>
                    owner-code400-l@mi       cc:

                    drange.com               Subject:     DSPF color
formats

                    07/10/2001 08:08

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

I recently had to reinstall Code-400 because of a Java Run time problem.
Everything is working fine now, except that when I open up a display file
for editing, the fields are not colored.  RPG and CL programs work fine.
This worked fine before.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Morrill

+---