  • Subject: RE: Problems with the IBM Distributed Debugger
  • From: "Buckingham, Ed" <Buckingham@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:07:34 -0500

Hi John:
        I did try all of the steps that you have outlined here.  I was able
to kill the Prestarted job with no problem, but when I try to start up the
debug sever I get the same problem again.  The job tries to start and then
looks like it ends with no problem.  I was able to get a joblog of the
STRDBGSVR command when it executes.  Below is what I found happening:

*NONE      Request                       01/22/01   07:57:48   QWTSCSBJ
*N       QCMD         QSYS         015E
                                     Message . . . . :  -CALL
PGM(QSYS/Q5BROUTE)
CPFAC04    Completion              50    01/22/01   07:57:48   Q5BROUTE
QSYS        *STMT    QCMD         QSYS         018C
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
Q5BROUTE
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
GetUnixSocket
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :   11

                                     Message . . . . :   An error occurred
using the control socket for the debug
                                       server.

                                     Cause . . . . . :   The control socket
used to communicate with the debug
                                       server router function could not be
used.  The socket function attempted was
                                       'Bind    ' and the error code was
3401. Recovery  . . . :   Using the
                                       WRKOBJLCK command, check to see which
job is holding a lock on object
                                       QSYS/Q5BROUTE; type *PGM. End all
jobs holding a lock and retry the
                                       ENDDBGSVR command.

CPF1164    Completion              00    01/22/01   07:57:48   QWTMCEOJ
QSYS        00AA     *EXT                      *N
                                     Message . . . . :   Job
417597/BUCKINGHAM/QSYSJOBD ended on 01/22/01 at
                                       07:57:48; 1 seconds used; end code 0
.
                                     Cause . . . . . :   Job
417597/BUCKINGHAM/QSYSJOBD completed on 01/22/01 at
                                       07:57:48 after it used 1 seconds
processing unit time.  The job had ending

I tried doing what was suggested here, but there were no locks that I could
see on the QSYS/Q5BROUTE object.  The one thing that I find odd is that
according to the joblog it appears to think that I issued the ENDDBGSVR
command when actually I issued the STRDBGSVR command.  Could this be
correct?  The command is not calling the correct program?  Thanks in
advance!

Ed B.

+---