  • Subject: Re: Code Help on V3R2M3 - the fix
  • From: "Bill Roha" <Broha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:18:16 -0500

My problem (and probably David's) was that my path variable was approaching the
Windows 255 character limit.  Installing NetQuestion requires it to make the
path larger and failed because it reached the limit.

I edited autoexec.bat to reduce the size of the path I was using and my install
then worked correctly and help was available.

Bill Roha
Stant Manufacturing Inc.
broha@stantinc.com
765-825-3121 x440

>>> Broha@stantinc.com 07/21/00 12:40PM >>>
You are experiencing the exact same problem I am.

(The second message about the Web browser is not a problem, but just a general
statement that you need a web browser to access help in V3R2M3).

I have opened a PMR with IBM about the failure of NetQuestion to install and am
working with them on it currently.

I'll update the group when I know more about how to resolve this...

>>> dmorris@plumcreek.com 07/21/00 11:53AM >>>
Group,

I finally got V3R2M3 up and running. I am experiencing some problems with
help. During the install I received two messages. The first indicated a problem
with Netquestion not installing. The second prompted me to install the Netscape
browser because no browser was detected. I am using IE5.5 so I passed on the
offer. At this point, I hit help or try to open the manuals and get no
response. Any
suggestions on how I should proceed or things I should check? Out of curiosity,
does anyone know where the help files are stored, I couldn't locate any .htm*
manuals in the ADTS installation directory structure.

I also ran into a problem with the OpsNav plug-in. I get an error with an
procedure
when I try to expand out libraries. I called this in to service.

Thanks,

David Morris

+---