Doug,

When your compile completes, you should first see an "acknowledgement"
message and then optionally the error list if there are errors.

In order for compiles to send the error list back, you should ensure
that the STRCODE *USRSPC object is in your library list.
This object is created in your *CURLIB when you issue the STRCODE
command and contains the location of your PC, thus allowing the CODE/400
back end to send information back to your PC. There is a couple of
restrictions to be aware of:
1) This library must not be a system library (i.e. QGPL or QTEMP), as
the object will not get created there,
2) The library must be unique. The reason for these restriction is that
if there are multiple users "using" the same object, then whomever issues
the STRCODE command last "wins" and all the acknowledgements and event
files (what gets opened in the Error List window) go to that user's PC.

All of this is assuming that you are using TCP/IP.  If you are using
SNA/APPC, the only thing that changes is the object will be EVFCICFF *FILE.

thanks,
Violaine Batthish
CODE/400 Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)
(416)448-2750                          tie line: 778-2750

CODE/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/varpg
CODE/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/varpg/support

dwilhoit@cdsfulfillment.com on 12/07/99 10:38:50 AM

Please respond to CODE400-L@midrange.com