  • Subject: Debug and system calls
  • From: Bruce Filone <bfilone@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:40:02 -0500

Hello,
I have an application that I developed in VARPG that I want to try to
debug. Everytime I launch the debug utility I get a dll error
"The procedure entry point
showProductInformation_11HelpManagerRiP71Window could not be located in
the dynamic link library FVDDFHP1.dll" Pressing OK drops me out of the
debugger.
    I do use debug in code400 with very few problems, I was wondering if
anyone could assist me in how to correct this.
    Also, I would like to know if there is a way to call out to
operating system and run commands similar to the C programming method of
using system("run_some_command")
One of the things I want to do is allow the program to map a network
drive to the as400 using the "net use I: \\as400\directory" type of
syntax automatically or if necessary assigned to a push button.
    While we are at it, is there a way to check to see if a local pc
file exists? I would like the program to check for the existance of a
graphic file and if found assign that to a graphic push button part, or
if not assign a generic graphic that I can package with the application.
The application is a very visual and graphic driven process and was
hoping to be able to do alot of that dynamically instead of relying on
coding in the database.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Bruce Filone
J.W. Pepper & Son, Inc