I traced the problem to some suspect information provided through an IBM
API.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Rich

On 6/26/2014 3:55 AM, Austin, Mark wrote:

Rich,

Check your code doesn't have a GO TO outside of the section it is in. This causes some very strange results.

Best regards,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: COBOL400-L [[1]mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Loeber
Sent: 25 June 2014 21:31
To: [2]cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [COBOL400-L] CPF5009/5026?

Joel,

Thanks for the suggestion about removing the UNIQUE statement. I did that and changed the program by adding the WITH DUPLICATES stmt and ran it again and lo and behold there is a duplicate at the end of the file. Now I have to find out how that is happening. In my program, I'm just doing a read- write-read-write so this will be a hassle, but at least I now know where to look.

Rich

Quoting "Stone, Joel" [3]<Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Are you using "SECTIONS" in the code? Sometimes it can run thru
statements an extra time before ending.

Also, try removing the "UNIQUE" from the file and running the CBLLE
pgm, and see if the last record is a dup.