Thanks all, up til now I didn't need the device on my pc with microfocus
COBOL.

I better get the hang of the reference guide syntaxe :

->->----device <http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.etools.iseries.langref.doc/evfeb4ls20.htm#HDRX19D>--
-file-name <http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.etools.iseries.langref.doc/evfeb4ls20.htm#HDRX33188>--*--------------*-----><-
*--attribute
<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.etools.iseries.langref.doc/evfeb4ls20.htm#HDRX19E>--*

2013/5/29 Richard Casey <casey_r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You probably want something like:

SELECT CUSTMAST ASSIGN TO DATABASE-CUSTMAST.

Depending on the type of file and how you want to access it, you'll need
additional clauses.

For example:

SELECT CUSTMAST ASSIGN TO DATABASE-CUSTMAST
ACCESS SEQUENTIAL.

Check out this link for COBOL manuals

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzahgcobol.
htm