Well, that didn't format very well.

Try this:

http://www.patrickarchibald.com/COBOL400PositionCursor.html

Thanx, PLA

Patrick L Archibald wrote:

Hi Phil

It is not easy. It has been a while but here goes.

In the CONFIGURATION SECTION. of the COBOL program I have the following:

SPECIAL-NAMES. I-O-FEEDBACK IS FEEDBACK-DISPLAY.

In the WORKING-STORAGE SECTION. I have the following:

01 WS-SCREEN-FEEDBACK. 05 FILLER PIC X(147). 05 CSRLOC PIC 9(04) BINARY. 05 DTALEN PIC 9(09) BINARY. 05 SFLRCDNBR PIC 9(04) BINARY. 05 LOWRCDNBR PIC 9(04) BINARY. 05 SFLRCDQTY PIC 9(04) BINARY. 01 WS-COL PIC S9(05). 01 WS-ROW PIC S9(05). Before the WRITE to the screen I move WS-ROW & WS-COL to my display file's ROW1 and COL1 fields. Make sure the first time in you initialize WS-ROW AND WS-COL to some valid value.

After the READ of the screen I do the following:

ACCEPT WS-SCREEN-FEEDBACK FROM FEEDBACK-DISPLAY FOR IOF-SCREEN. DIVIDE 256 INTO CSRLOC OF WS-SCREEN-FEEDBACK GIVING WS-ROW REMAINDER WS-COL. In the display file I have the following record level keyword:

CSRLOC(ROW1 COL1) Also in the display file I have the following hidden fields defined:

A            ROW1           3S 0H A            COL1           3S 0H
I hope that helps.

Thanx, PLA

Phil Campbell wrote:

I am working on converting programs from a S/36 (CBL36) mode to AS400 (CBL) mode. I've run into something that I have not been able to figure out. Hopefully someone can help me.
How do you get the position the cursor is at when the enter or a function key is pressed. This is how I have it set up on the S/36. SELECT SCREEN-FILE ASSIGN TO WORKSTATION-OR001FM ORGANIZATION TRANSACTION CONTROL-AREA IS SCREEN-CONTROL-AREA. 01 SCREEN-CONTROL-AREA. 05 KEY-FUNCTION PIC 99. 88 ENTER-KEY VALUE 0. 88 CMD-KEY1 VALUE 1. 88 CMD-KEY2 VALUE 2. 88 CMD-KEY3 VALUE 3. 05 TERMINAL-ID PIC X(2). 05 RESERVED PIC X(8). 05 CURSOR-ROW PIC 999. 05 CURSOR-COL PIC 999. Thanks so very much. Please send any responses to pcampbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Phil Campbell :)

at http://archive.midrange.com/cobol400-l.