        I'm new to ILE COBOL and I am having a problem.  I have a program that
was written in COBOL and now I would like it to call an RPGLE program.  I have
created and compiled the COBOL program as CBLLE.  It seems to go through the
CBLLE code ok, until I try to pass the parameters.
                        The error messages I get are as follows:
                                Message ID . . . . . . :   RNQ0222
Severity . . . . . . . :   99
                                Message type . . . . . :   Inquiry
                                Date sent  . . . . . . :   08/16/02      Time
sent  . . . . . . :   14:09:29
                                Message . . . . :   Pointer or parameter error
(C G D F).
                                Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure GSS999R in
program KLPLIB/AMFNST5LE at statement *INIT had an error due to a pointer not
being correctly set. The cause of the error is most likely one of the following:
*       A basing pointer was not set.
*       A procedure pointer was not set.
*       The pointer was set, but the object it referenced has been destroyed.
*       A parameter was not passed to the program containing the procedure.
*       A parameter was not passed to the procedure by its caller within the
program.
*       A pointer offset was greater than the size of the space the pointer was
pointing to.

                                Message . . . . :   Message 'MCH3601' in
program object 'AMFNST5LE' in library 'KLPLIB' (C D F G).
                                Cause . . . . . :   Message 'MCH3601' was
detected in COBOL statement 2820 of COBOL program 'AMOFLPRG' in program object
'AMFNST5LE' in library 'KLPLIB'.

                This statement is the Call statement.

                When I do a dump for the RPG program, this is what I see in the
fields that I am trying to pass back and forth.  (prtzip5, prtzip4, and prtdlvp
should GO to the RPGLE program and @barcd9, @bardc11 should come BACK from the
RPGLE program.)  I don't know what the QRNL- stuff is either.  I'm thinking
that the *NULL is the problem, but don't know how to fix it.
                                _QRNL_PRMCPY_@BARCD11 POINTER
SPP:*NULL
                                _QRNL_PRMCPY_@BARCD9  POINTER
SPP:*NULL
                                _QRNL_PRMCPY_PRTDLVP  POINTER
SPP:CC52E38B3A018A99
                                _QRNL_PRMCPY_PRTZIP4  POINTER
SPP:CC52E38B3A018A95
                                _QRNL_PRMCPY_PRTZIP5  POINTER
SPP:CC52E38B3A018A90
                                _QRNL_PSTR_@BARCD11   POINTER
SPP:*NULL
                                _QRNL_PSTR_@BARCD9    POINTER
SPP:*NULL
                                _QRNL_PSTR_PRTDLVP    POINTER
SPP:CC52E38B3A018A99
                                _QRNL_PSTR_PRTZIP4    POINTER
SPP:CC52E38B3A018A95
                                _QRNL_PSTR_PRTZIP5    POINTER
SPP:CC52E38B3A018A90
                                @BARCD11              CHAR(14)             NOT
ADDRESSABLE
                                @BARCD9               CHAR(12)             NOT
ADDRESSABLE

                                This is what shows up as going from my CBLLE
program: (which looks right to me)
                                BARC11   OF PARAMETER-LIST
                                         CHAR(14)                       "
       "  "4040404040404040404040404040"X
                                BARC9   OF PARAMETER-LIST
                                         CHAR(12)                       "
     "    "404040404040404040404040"X
                                DELP   OF PARAMETER-LIST
                                         CHAR(2)                        "26"
          "F2F6"X
                                ZIP4   OF ZIP-CODE OF PARAMETER-LIST
                                         CHAR(4)                        "2301"
         "F2F3F0F1"X
                                ZIP5   OF ZIP-CODE OF PARAMETER-LIST
                                         CHAR(5)                        "48226"
        "F4F8F2F2F6"X\

                                And this is my call statement:
                                CALL LINKAGE TYPE IS PROCEDURE 'GSS999R'
                                         USING BY REFERENCE PARAMETER-LIST.

                                I have also tried variations of the call
including this:
                                CALL LINKAGE TYPE IS PROCEDURE 'GSS999R'
                                         USING BY reference zip5, zip4, delp
                                         RETURNING parameter-list.

                        01      PARAMETER-LIST.
                                05  ZIP-CODE.
                                10  ZIP5           PIC X(05).
                                10  ZIP4           PIC X(04).
                            05  DELP               PIC X(02).
                            05  BARC9              PIC X(12).
                            05  BARC11             PIC X(14).

                                Can anyone help???

                                Kathleen Potillo

                                Save a Life!  Adopt from your local Animal
Shelter.
                                www.dearborn-animals.com