Jon Paris wrote:

>You should be able to use this which is a little shorter and (I think) more
>obvious - plus if you change the size of the field W-Path the compiler will
>automagically adjust for you.
>
>call 'Qp0lGetPathFromFileID'
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 using
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 by reference =A0 =A0W-Path
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 by value =A0 =A0      Length of =A0 =
>=A0W-Path  <<<<<<<<<<
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 by reference =A0 =A0W-FileID
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 giving
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 W-PathPtr
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 end-call
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

First, to Jon, thanks for the comment. Probably true that it's a bit more
obvious. The actual code that I posted was from a small program that was
copy/pasted together and modified a couple dozen ways in order to get something
to work. Though I tried to keep the code readable, some aspects naturally
suffered. Your way may be better in this case and in most cases.

But more importantly, I'm curious if everyone else sees a bunch of "=A0"
strings in what I've posted and various "=" characters at end-of-line where
words break instead of word-wrap. (The included 'Reply' text above has some,
but what about the rest of the text in this note?)

I set up some Netscape Webmail accounts and was experimenting with them. If the
messages are going to look that bad and be unreadable, I'll take care with what
I subject you other subscribers to.

So...
   Any complaints about this note?
   How's it look?

(I'm curious about the leading blanks on those previous lines.)

Thanks.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/