Both Barbara's and mine example ought to work. I like Barbara's approach
better as it allows handling of varying data types, so I just tried it out.
Here are the results:

/*START C member source */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <decimal.h>

typedef struct inputArguments
{
char * pgmname;
char * userid;
decimal(10,2) * salary;
int * custno;
} main_args_t;

void main(int argc, main_args_t * main_args)
{
printf("1st arg = %s, 2nd arg = %s, 3rd arg = %D(10,2), 4th arg = %d",
main_args->pgmname, main_args->userid,
*main_args->salary, *main_args->custno);
}
/* END C member source */

Not sure if you're aware of it, but argv[0] is initialized implicitly by the
OS to the fully qualified program name (i.e. ELVIS/INPTST). So, first
argument is always a char *, as illustrated in the struct with the leading
pgmname variable.
To compile the C source, I used this command:

CRTBNDC PGM(ELVIS/INPTST) SRCFILE(ELVIS/C) OUTPUT(*print) DBGVIEW(*ALL)

/* START *CMD source */
CMD PROMPT('Command with 3 arguments')
PARM KWD(USERID) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
PARM KWD(SALARY) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(10 2)
PARM KWD(CUSTNO) TYPE(*INT4)
/* END *CMD source */

Note that there is no 'pgmname' keyword, as it's passed implicitly by the
OS.
To compile the *CMD source, I used this command:

CRTCMD CMD(ELVIS/INPTST) PGM(ELVIS/INPTST) SRCFILE(ELVIS/CMD)

Then, to test the program, I invoked my command as:

INPTST USERID(MYUSERID) SALARY(3300.44) CUSTNO(77)

And got the following output:

1st arg = ELVIS/INPTST, 2nd arg = MYUSERID , 3rd arg = 3300.44, 4th arg =
77

Hth, Elvis

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i, i5/OS and
OS/400
www.centerfieldtechnology.com