Yes. The first level problem is solved.

But still I have a feeling, that something is wrong here.
Spent a whole day in attempts to write a program, that adds records from one
null-capable file to another (also null-capable) file.
Both files have identical structure of 3 fields:
field1 alphanumeric, no nulls allowed;
field2 alphanumeric, null capable;
field3 packed decimal.
Program works so:
reads each record from first file, looks if record with identical fields 1 and
2 exists in second.
If not - adds;
If yes - updates the value of field 3 in second file.

It should be absolutely trivial!
Cannot make it running...
I tried simply to add a record to a null-capable file. As soon, as I open it
with nullcap=y, inserts fail. Eve if inserted record contain no NULL fields.
If I remove nullcap=y from open, everything works...

Ay advise will appreciated - may be there is some manual, that describes these
pecularities?

Regards,
Jevgeni