Re: BPCS Keyboard Mapping

fixed

I suspect he is using 5250, clicking on Help, About and that's where he
gets the 5.8. But that's for "Personal Communications". Which can be
confusing. I get people trying to tell me they are running iSeries access
6.0 and what they are really running is Personal Communications 6.0 which
comes with iSeries Access for Windows 7.1.

A lot of people like to customize their keyboard mapping. In the default
map the "End" key may act more like a Field Exit key versus how it
normally works with PC applications. Someone with a few grey hairs may
remap the Enter key to act like the Field Exit key and the right control
key to act like an enter key to have it feel more like an old dumb
terminal.

This makes it rough for help desk people to help them through an issue but
as the new person do you want to risk alienation by forcing
standardization?

Dan, how do you "lock this down"?