Dear Sean, <vendor>

Amen. We've seen a variety of nightmares caused by users who have hard deleted
items without simultaneously archiving all the transactions related to those items.
Another way to invent a mess is to accidentally archive current accounting year
transactions for items that were recently soft deleted (deactivated).

If you have a long enough attention span to actually get INV100 to soft-delete an
item, then our Locksmith Archiving software will handle these steps for that item:

>> find e-v-e-r-y non-current-year transaction and get that moved over into
a library that will support standard BPCS/ERP LX functionality.

>> find and archive transaction records associated with user-invented
(non-vanilla BPCS) iSeries databases.

>> hard delete the item and then automatically re-organize IIM.

>> remove and archive item records from IIM extension files.

Locksmith info: http://www.unbeatenpath.com/software/locksmith/archiving.pdf

If your attention span isn't long enough to cope with INV100, there's a much
better way to deactivate items:
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/software/iu/ItemUndertaker.pdf

Warm regards,

Milt Habeck