We recently had a similar confusion on 405 CD & it turns out
that while the rest of BPCS has standard cost, actual cost,
frozen cost, etc. the Purchase Order application has another
cost not found any place else = EXPECTED COST.

What happens is, when the PO is first created, the expected
cost field is a copy of the standard cost, then after the
vendor confirms our PO with the delivery date, pricing etc.
our Purchasing people update the PO with that info.  The new
cost goes into the EXPECTED COST, which is what we expect the
actual cost to be.

This impacts a lot of purchasing reports and transactions.
Right now we are trying to reconcile the General Ledger
account where "U" transaction adds value when the inventory
arrives in house, and the "C" transaction when ACP keys in
the vendor invoice.  In theory the only money in that account
should be the value of raw materials that arrived, but not
yet the invoices.  Reality is a different story.

Also, our SYS800 rules say that everything is to go into BPCS
based on LAST STANDARD COST, but we have found out that some
purchase order transactions go in as LAST ACTUAL COST.