We've been live with EDM for several months now.  Although expensive, it's
worth the investment.  We've implemented an export documentation system and
it has increased our productivity in our transportation department.  We also
can now import all documents into our Document imaging system and can easily
retrieve and email all output.

Environment: i5 model 550, Apache Tomcat on the i5 is running the
application (not using HTTP server), Intranet only, using BPCS LLH,LLX,LLL,
RCM, etc... in DB2 / BPCSF.  Order Class document processing triggers the
initial transaction to the application.  The technology works and is simple.

The initial design was somewhat painless.  We had to interpret what the
shipping people wanted to the TradePaq people.  This was one of the most
difficult tasks in the project.  They know the rules and regs of DOT and
Dept. of Commerce, but they didn't know computer speak.  I had set a very
aggressive implementation schedule that was not met by our folks, but the
final result was, we got everything we asked for.

Training is a big thing, don't forget it.  Both the user training and the
technical training!

David J. Alves
Director of Information Systems
Malden Mills Industries Inc.