I believe
* Fast/400 is technically a violation of your IBM license, in which if IBM catches you using it, you could be in big time legal trouble. There are many products that speed up IBM boxes ... when we were on S/36 we were using Aceler8, which worked by changing how IBM's logicals functioned ... many of the speed up products are not IBM license violations.
* Are you current on IBM Patches (APAR) for BPCS? Later versions of BPCS make heavier usage of some features for which IBM fixes are much more critical.
* In any conversion from one version of BPCS to another, a company is supposed to do an analysis with the sizing questionairre that leads to what upgrades are needed in hardware support, because later versions of BPCS have different demands on the 400 box. Do you know if such an investigation was in fact conducted, and what the results were?
* While staying on the same version of BPCS on the same 400 hardware box, we have had upgrades of OS/400, that resulted in performance problems that we did not have before those upgrades. For example, on OS/400 V4 we had more users than we have today and we never ran out of Interactive Capacity. Since going to OS/400 V5 we run out of it several times a week. Did your problems start soon after an OS/400 upgraee?
* Sometimes a company is told that it is neccessary to do some kind of upgrade, and management balks because of the expense associated with this. Computer support representatives are sometimes suspected, and rightfully so, of trying to oversell more capacity than we really need, but in the case of a BPCS upgrade, if you did not also at the same time do a 400 box upgrade, that could explain your current performance problems.
* At one time we were using NON IBM MEMORY because it costs a fraction of IBM memory ... we went with EMC because they had a simple switch to disconnect EMC memory if we ever needed IBM service ... if there are internal problems, IBM can always blame the non-IBM stuff ... plus EMC had this guarantee that if IBM said any problem was due to EMC, EMC would pay the IBM service person cost and make good on any problems.
* On 405 CD, 100% of the processing is done on the 400, but a high speed PC can help with some of the work to be done, especially when the PC user is on BPCS and non-BPCS sessions. When you leave mixed mode, some of the processing is being done on the PC itself, so you suddenly need more gas on the PCs than you needed before. Do you know if any kind of analysis was done to see how much more gas, and what was done to deliver it?
* Is the 400 sluggish for all BPCS operations, or does it seem that you have problems with particular programs, applications, interactive vs. batch, more so than others?
* Have you been following the other thread here on performance solutions relative to ORD550 Picke Release? It has some additional tips you might look into.

Hi All,

Are there anyone who ever using Fast400 to increase performance cpw at IBM
AS/400 ?
cause since using BPCS mixed mode version 6.1.02, my IBM performance
become very very bad, so slowly.
My AS/400 type is 270.

Is this software enough safe to use  and don't make any problem with IBM
maintenance ?
Could you share your experience using this software ?

Thx in advance.
Indah

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.